A perfect package for those looking for a Lapland winter outdoor activities holiday.
- skin based ski adventure
- 4-6 hours day trips
- activity levels tailored for all – from kids to fit outdoor enthusiasts – our activities are privately guided
- accommodation in a village centre chalet (self catering) OR double rooms at an outdoor centre (includes half board)
Highlights of the trip
- arctic landscapes, routes less travelled
- in April mild temperatures, average -6 degrees Celcius
- day trip to Lyngen Alps OR a husky ride & visit to a reindeer ranch
- availability February – April with flexible start days
- ask for quotes for any number of days!
This Lapland winter outdoor holiday is a supreme mix of activities, with all the spices. Every morning we pack the bags with a lunch box, hot drinks and recharged cameras, and head out to the wild. Your guide will take you past the must-see sights, but also to his own favourite locations out of the way of marked routes. You will not need any previous experience on winter outdoor activities, your guide will teach you the technique and modify the daily routes according to your skill level.
We visit locations in Finland and Norway. The activities take place in open arctic tundra and Norwegian fjords, and as a special bonus, we can search for wolverine and lynx prints in the snow, and relax in a sauna at night. In April we might be able to admire some glacier meltwater waterfalls on the Norwegian fjords.
In April, the weather is often pleasantly warm and sunny.
Your guide is an experienced wilderness and outdoors guide.
Book now, or send us a message for more questions! Start dates and duration are flexible – we can also include an overnight in the wilderness for the package! Contact us to plan a perfect package for you.
You might also like our winter adventure for beginners
Your itinerary could look like this:
Arrival day – pick up from Tromsø and settling into your accommodation
Day 1 – skiing with skin-based skis tour, 6 hours
Day 2 – snowshoeing fun day, 6 hours
Day 3 – three countries border tour on skis or snowshoes
Day 4 – husky ride & evening campfire
Day 5 – day trip in Lyngenfjord region; great landscapes over mountains and fjords
Departure day – drop off to Tromsø airport
Ask for pre and post tour options:
– Rovaniemi and the Arctic Circle
– Tromsø city
– Huskies, reindeer farm visit, igloo night, ice fishing!
The price of your tour includes:
Services of a professional, all year around local company. Adventure by Design is registered in the Finnish register of package travel agencies and has has lodged security against e.g. advance payments for travel. We pay VAT and other taxes in Finland, and we are proud be able to provide quality experiences for our customers, interns and paid staff.
Your package includes
* pick up / off to Tromso airport or city centre
* 6 nights stay in double room in Kilpisjärven Retkeilykeskus, full board (breakfast, packed lunch and buffet dinner), sauna. (Note: Before mid-March, the accommodation is in a self-catering chalet in the village centre and includes only breakfast supplies and packed lunches, no dinner.)
* guided activities and gear as specified.
Mentioned price is per person when 2 or more people are traveling together and sharing accommodation. Ask prices for single supplement or larger groups!
To book your place, you will need to pay a 30% deposit. The rest of the trip will be paid on arrival.
You can cancel the reservation up to 30 days prior the planned dates in which case we only keep the 30% deposit. Up till 30 days prior the departure date, you will get a 50% refund. If you have to cancel less than 10 days before the departure, there are no refunds.
If you do need to cancel, please notify us as soon as possible so we can notify our vendors. Cancellations are accepted in writing, by email or by phone.
Adventure by Design is registered in the Finnish register of package travel agencies and has has lodged security against e.g. advance payments for travel.
If Adventure by Design has to cancel the tour, you will be refunded your payments in full. We reserve the right to change the tour itinerary due to altered circumstances and conditions to guarantee your safety. We will make alternative arrangements as required but no refunds will be given for services that are not utilized as a result.
Transport to / from the area:
There are regular flights to Tromsø.
If you wish to travel via Finland, contact us to plan your route together.
Vegetarian and vegan meals can be arranged, just let us know when you book the tour. Notify us of any allergies too.
You can book this tour for solo traveller. A single supplement applies.
Insurance: You must have a personal travel insurance which covers the mentioned activities.
Adventure by Design believes in equal rights to take part and enjoy the adventures. People from all genders, religions or colours of rainbow are welcomed to our tours and be openly who you are.
This programme can be tailored to suit children of all ages. Our guides have training to take children outdoors; snowshoeing, skiing, snow fun, campfires.. all can be done with kids. We also have special clothing for children, always included in the price.
A 6 nights winter fun holiday for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids 4-16 years) costs 5225€ (early bird discount 10% for bookings confirmed by 24th Dec 2019) including:
* private transfers from / to Tromso
* accommodation in self catering chalet, sauna and 2 bedrooms
* 4 x day winter fun activities, 1 x evening campfire – all activities privately guided
* 1 x private husky safari with our local husky provider and a 2 hour visit to the reindeer ranch to feed the reindeer
* warm clothing for children, child seats in car, warm boots for adults – adults can rent all winter clothing for an extra 80€ / person.