Not many things are more local than taking friends, family and plenty of good food into the woods for a great campfire dinner special. This winter, you will be able to live this unforgettable northern experience with Adventure by Design with a new twist.
We pack our campfire gear in the car, pick you up and drive to one of our amazing campfire locations away from the village lights. We set up the “pop up restaurant” with table cloths and candles, the fire in the middle. While you sip a warm drink sitting on warm seats, we build the fire and prepare the food right there.
This evening is a great way to celebrate any special occasion from birthdays to anniversaries, or just to tell the special someone that their are important. If you want, we’ll make sure you have our photographer with you as one of the two guides to make sure you’ll have stunning photos to show at home.
Choose from our campfire menus:
Beetroot soup / grilled local fish/ blueberry crumble
BBQ beetroot / BBQ reindeer chops / apple crumble
Cold smoked reindeer soup / local fish & mushrooms / apple crumble
Beetroot soup / BBQ roots & potatoes / blueberry crumble
Duration: 4 hours
Start time: 19:00
Suitable also for families with kids (30€ children under 10 years, 50€ 10-15 years)
Private tour, must be booked minimum 3 days beforehand
|location||Hetta (on request), Kilpisjärvi, Other Lapland (on request)|
|group-size||Min 1 person|
You will be sitting around for a long time, so please prepare with plenty of warm clothing. We have some extra blankets for you, but let us know if you need good winter clothes for this activity. They can be rented for a small extra fee.
- Down jacket or similar warm overcoat – for the break
- Windproof jacket e.g goretex or ski jacket
- Windproof trousers e.g goretex or ski trousers
- Base layer top – e.g merino
- Base layer bottoms – e.g merino
- 1x Thick woollen socks
- Thinner woollen socks e.g. merino
- fleece/woolen jersey
- Scarf / buff
- Warm hat – needs to cover your ears
- Mittens / gloves – windproof is good.
The tour includes:
- transfer to and from the campfire location
- open air pop up restaurant in the wilderness (in case of bad or cold weather, we can suggest alternative location instead of cancelling)
- 3 courses meal, mostly prepared on the fire
- hot drinks
- campfire and 2 guides
- photos of the evening
Note: when you book, please let us know if this is a special occasion, if you have any food allergies or anything else it might be good for us to know to make this experience as special as possible.