Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Adventure by Design’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Pulmusentie 6 c 5, 99490, Kilpisjärvi, Finland. Our company registration number is FI24764101 and is registered in Finland. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Finland.
Booking Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all Finland and North Norway based Adventure by Design tour bookings and will form the basis of your contract with Adventure by Design.
- 30% cancellation fee is required upon booking to secure the trip. This is non-refundable, except Adventure by Design group departures if the minimum group size is not met.
- Bookings are non-transferrable between participants and/or tours.
- Full payment is required on the first day of the tour. Payment can be made in cash, bank transfer, credit card and Paypal.
- You can cancel the reservation up to 5 weeks prior to the planned dates in which case we only keep the 30% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations by customer > 5 weeks before: 30% cancellation fee
- Cancellations by customer 2 weeks before: 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations by customer 1 week or less: no refunds
- If you do need to cancel, please notify us as soon as possible so we can notify our vendors.
- Cancellations are accepted in writing, by email or by phone.
- We reserve the right to change the tour itinerary due to altered circumstances and conditions. We will make alternative arrangements as required but no refunds will be given for services that are not utilised as a result.
- It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in visiting remote areas. All customers must be fully insured for the duration of the tour. Customers are responsible for arranging their own insurance, which must cover at least medical expenses, injury, death, and repatriation. It is advisable that you also have cancellation and curtailment as part of your insurance policy. Customers must provide Adventure by Design with evidence of their insurance. In addition, you should be insured against loss of or damage to baggage and personal possessions including all your camera equipment.
- Personal items and baggage remain at all times the responsibility of the customer. In addition, responsibility must be accepted for any equipment loaned to you, and you must agree to pay for any loss or damage caused to this equipment while in your care.
- Adventure by Design does not accept liability for death, bodily injury or illness unless this arises from the negligent act and/or omission of Adventure by Design employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
- Adventure by Design cannot be held responsible for; the consequences of any delays, expenses incurred, or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strife, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control.
- Adventure by Design does not accept responsibility for any loss of valuables, including camera equipment, during a tour.
- Due to the adventurous nature of the tours, all customers must at all times agree to comply with the decisions taken by the leader of the tour.
- It is your own responsibility to make international and internal flight arrangements. Adventure by Design cannot take responsibility for changes or alterations to any flights.
- Every effort is made to ensure your safety and well-being, but bookings are accepted on the understanding that you appreciate the risks and hazards associated with this sort of travel. Adventure by Design will not accept responsibility for accidents, injury, lack of fitness, carelessness, illness, negligence or lack of punctuality attributable to the customer. If you have any disability or illness, please inform us at the time of booking the tour so advice can be given on the suitability of the trip.
- We are unable to accept bookings from persons under 18 years old, unless by prior arrangement.
- If you should have a complaint about the tour, it must be made in writing and received by Adventure by Design within fourteen days of the end of the tour.
- This agreement shall be governed by Finnish Law and the Courts of Finland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any action proceedings or dispute.
- In the unlikely event of any sort of dispute arising, the Law of Finland shall apply. If the dispute cannot be resolved directly between us within 6 weeks of written intimation of the dispute, both Adventure by Design and our customer shall attempt to settle the dispute by Mediation. A Mediator will be selected with the assistance of the Finnish Bar Association (asianajajaliitto). If the mediation is unsuccessful, the District Court (käräjäoikeus)shall have jurisdiction.
- We will not ask for or keep information about customers, unless agreed by both parties, other than is necessary to process orders, process refunds, and provide information about products and about our events. We will not disseminate personal information about customers to any third party. We will comply with any customer’s request to discard their telephone number, e-mail address and their address by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- By making the booking and paying the cancellation fee you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. The person making the booking does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.