The Explorer takes you on a tour around the iconic Saana Fell in Kilpisjärvi and includes a stop for lunch at the small day cabin. You get a real sense of remoteness without ever being too far from the village. Great for people who like to tread where other tourists often don’t.
|location||Hetta (on request), Kilpisjärvi, Other Lapland (on request)|
|group-size||Min 1 person|
- snowshoes and poles
- lunch and hot drinks
Snowshoeing is quite active and you will feel warm whilst moving, but will cool down very quickly. As with any outdoor activity, layer is the best solution. Please, NO COTTON, e.g jeans, t shirt or hoody. If you get hot cotton doesn’t breath and will get wet and then cool you down very quickly. Merino wool is great because it keeps you warm even if it gets wet.
**Winter overalls, boots and mittens are able for rental. Contact us for more.**
- Down jacket or similar warm overcoat – for the break
- Windproof jacket e.g goretex or ski jacket
- Windproof trousers e.g goretex or ski trousers
- Base layer top – e.g merino
- Base layer bottoms – e.g merino
- 1x Thick woollen socks
- Thinner woollen socks e.g. merino
- Scarf / buff
- Warm hat – needs to cover your ears
- Mittens / gloves – windproof is good.
- Small day pack
- For cancellations greater than 7 days before the trip – full refund
- For cancellations 7 days before the trip – 50%
- For cancellations of less than 3 days – no refund
- Bookings are non-transferrable between participants and / or tours.
- Full payment is required on the first day of the tour. Payment can be made in cash, bank transfer, credit card and Paypal.
- Cancellations are accepted in writing, by email or by phone.
- If the tour is cancelled due to poor weather you will receive a full refund.