Cross country skiing is one of the best ways to travel in the Arctic north and it’s also surprisingly easy to learn. This introductory lesson will teach you the basics of cross country skiing on the flat terrain of Lake Kilpisjärvi. During the session you will learn the basic techniques, how to move, how to stop with your guide offering constructive corrections as you learn. It’s a fun way to get around and a great way to get your body moving.
|location||Hetta (on request), Kilpisjärvi, Other Lapland (on request)|
|group-size||Min 1 person|
- skis, boots and poles
Skiing is quite active and you will feel warm whilst moving, but will cool down very quickly. As with any outdoor activity, layering is the best solution. Please, NO COTTON, e.g jeans, t shirt or hoody. If you get hot cotton doesn’t breath and will get wet, cooling you down very quickly. Merino wool is great because it keeps you warm even if it does get damp.
**Winter overalls, boots and mittens are able for rental. Contact us for more.**
- Down jacket or similar warm overcoat – for the break
- Windproof jacket e.g goretex or ski jacket
- Windproof trousers e.g goretex or ski trousers
- Fleece or woolen jersey
- Base layer top – e.g merino
- Base layer bottoms – e.g merino
- 1x Thick woollen socks
- Thinner woollen socks e.g. merino
- Scarf / buff
- Warm hat – needs to cover your ears
- Mittens / gloves – windproof is good.
- For cancellations greater than 7 days before the trip – full refund
- For cancellations 7 days before the trip – 50%
- For cancellations of less than 3 days – no refund
- Bookings are non-transferrable between participants and / or tours.
- Full payment is required on the first day of the tour. Payment can be made in cash, bank transfer, credit card and Paypal.
- Cancellations are accepted in writing, by email or by phone.
- If the tour is cancelled due to poor weather you will receive a full refund.