How to photograph the northern lights?
Before you head out, with or without a guide, it is good to get prepared with your camera. What settings to use, how to focus on the northern lights, exposure times and all those other questions answered by an experienced northern lights photographer. You will also get some tips on how to process the photos to keep them looking natural and not like a night–time rainbow. How to predict northern lights, what causes the phenomena and a few other important details included too. Remember to bring your camera with you!
In this 1 hour session you will learn:
- What are the northern lights?
- What the is the northern lights forecast for tonight?
- The best settings for aurora photography for your camera
- How to manual focus my camera when it is dark?
- What adjustments to make while taking photographs of the northern lights
Take the guess work out of photographing the aurora, let us show you how.
Workshops are arranged daily in Kilpisjärvi throughout the dark season. Just call us to check when the next available workshop is going to be.
Book the Aurora Photography Workshop and receive 25€ off any of our aurora tours.
|group-size||1 – 8 people|