For a true arctic wilderness experience you can’t beat our Adventurer tour. Two full days in the Finnish backcountry with the night spent in a remote wilderness cabin. You be prepared a delicious backcountry meal and taught the skills necessary to have a safe and enjoyable time outdoors.
|location||Hetta (on request), Kilpisjärvi, Other Lapland (on request)|
|group-size||1 – 8 people|
- snowshoes and poles
- 2x Lunch, 1x dinner, 1x breakfast, some snacks
- All overnight equipment inc. sleeping bag.
- A full clothing and equipment list is provided upon booking.
Snowshoeing is an activity and you will feel quite warm whilst moving, but will cool down very quickly. As with any outdoor activity, layer is the best solution. Please, NO COTTON, e.g jeans, t shirt or hoody. If you get hot cotton doesn’t breath and will get wet and then cool you down very quickly. Merino wool is great because it keeps you warm even if it gets wet.
**Winter overalls, boots and mittens are able for rental. Contact us for more.**
Items marked with a
* are optional
** can be provided on request’
- **Pack/Bag –Approx 30L
- **Sleeping Bag – winter rated
- Water bottle / **Thermos
- Personal toiletries
- Personal first aid kit – Your guide will have a comprehensive kit.
- *Book and notepad/pencil (not pen!)
- *Camera w/memory cards, battery
- **Head torch
- Sunglass/ski goggles
- Down jacket or similar warm overcoat – for breaks and around camp
- Gore-tex or similar shell layer, top and bottom.
- Fleece top
- *Fleece trousers – These are useful around camp
- Base layer bottom
- Base layer top
- 2x Thick woollen socks
- Thinner woollen socks e.g. merino
- Winter boots – should be large enough to wear two pairs of socks comfortably
- Scarf / **buff
- Warm hat – needs to cover your ears
- Mittens / gloves – windproof is good.
- *Thin pair gloves – These are useful for around camp.
- For cancellations greater than 7 days before the trip – full refund
- For cancellations 7 days before the trip – 50%
- For cancellations of less than 3 days – no refund
- Bookings are non-transferrable between participants and / or tours.
- Full payment is required on the first day of the tour. Payment can be made in cash, bank transfer, credit card and Paypal.
- Cancellations are accepted in writing, by email or by phone.
- If the tour is cancelled due to poor weather you will receive a full refund.